September 2016 ©MBKoeth
With Miami Art Week less than two weeks away, the Wynwood Walls has announced its theme of “humanKIND.” Goldman Properties will be unveiling 12 new murals on its iconic walls along with sculptural installations. The theme serves to celebrate hope and human potential.
Some of the artists taking part in Wynwood Walls’ Miami Art Week Program include: Lady Pink (USA), Bordalo II (Portugal), Pro176 (France), and Martin Watson (Norway).
In addition, the Goldman Global Arts Gallery will be featuring original works by each participating artist, expanding the gallery’s diverse collection that provides a unique experience, even for the savviest collector.
Keep these dates in mind as you plan your Wynwood Art Week experience:
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 – Monday, December 4, 2017
- Wynwood Walls Begins Art Week Preparations – Spectators can watch as participating artists start working on their installations at the Wynwood Walls. The Walls will be closed on December 5th for Art Week set up and will re-open on December 6th as scheduled.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017
- Wynwood Walls, Free and Open to the Public during Miami Art Week. Walls will be open from 10AM until Midnight from Thursday, December 7 through Sunday, December 10. Regular hours will resume December 11th.
- Artist Talk panel discussion with the artists of Wynwood Walls, in the Goldman Global Arts Gallery on December 7. Time and panel speakers to be confirmed. Visit thewynwoodwalls.com/artbasel for more information.
- Thursday December 7, 2017 – December 10, 2017
- Goldman Global Arts Gallery Exhibition — Featuring original works by the artists of the Wynwood Walls. Opened for special hours during Art Basel: 10am until Midnight. Regular hours will resume December 11th.
For additional Art Week events, check out our event calendar.