Festival partners with Wynwood Business Improvement District to Celebrate National Pride Month
Miami, FL – Miami’s Wynwood Arts District will celebrate Pride month throughout June and host the third-annual Wynwood Pride Festival. The festival, launched in 2019 and attended by over 50,000 supporters, culminates this year with feature performances from Charli XCX, Honey Dijon, Kandy Muse, Miss Toto, and more. The event kickoff will take place at The Oasis on June 18, 2021, followed by a neighborhood-wide takeover on June 19th. The Wynwood Business Improvement District (BID) is partnering with Wynwood Pride to host a wide range of activations at popular neighborhood hot spots like The Oasis, 1-800-Lucky, Coyo Taco, Freehold, R House, Pizza & Beer, Veza Sur, No. 3 Social, and more with live concert series, neighborhood-wide drag shows, all-day dance parties, surprise celebrity appearances, and new Pride mural installations.
“The Wynwood community is proud of its partnership with Wynwood Pride and commemorate National Pride Month in support of our LGBTQ+ residents, visitors and the communities we serve,” said Albert Garcia, chairman and co-founder of the Wynwood BID. “Wynwood is a community that proudly embraces diversity and inclusion. Over the past few years, Wynwood Pride has brought together thousands of people to celebrate Miami’s growing LGBTQ+ community. This year, extra care has been taken to curate one-of-a-kind, outdoor experiences and activations across Wynwood’s beloved cultural, entertainment and culinary venues.”
Wynwood’s newest culinary and entertainment venue, The Oasis, will act as the main stage for major headliner performances, top local & national DJs, RuPaul’s Drag Race Icons, celebrity hosts, and more. 1-800-Lucky, a 10,000-square-foot Asian-fusion market with indoor and outdoor seating, will present a booming soundtrack by both local and international DJs. R House will host Drag Brunches, Miss Wynwood Pageant, and other outstanding performances honoring Miami’s most fabulous drag performers. The Freehold Wynwood will also keep the party going with an All-Day Disco, featuring funk and house music with non-stop DJ sets and a Sunday cool-down, and closing party with DJ Eli Escobar.
“Wynwood Pride is thrilled to return for its third year with an incredibly progressive lineup that speaks to our diversity as a community and celebrates our past while looking towards the future,” said Jose Atencio, organizer of the Wynwood Pride Festival 2021. “Last year, Wynwood Pride pivoted to a digital celebration, but we are ready to safely come together and once again create some Pride magic together after this past year of being apart.”
“The LGBTQ+ community is an integral part of Miami’s cultural fabric. We’re excited to partner with Wynwood Pride and welcome the community to celebrate at The Oasis, Wynwood’s newest culinary and entertainment venue” said Sven Vogtland, co-owner of The Oasis, Coyo Taco and 1-800-Lucky.
Wynwood Pride 2021 will also benefit three organizations in the fields of LGBTQ+ Youth, Health, and Justice: YES Institute, Planned Parenthood of South, East, and North Florida, and Equality Florida. Tickets start at $50 for the exclusive June 18th Kick-off event at The Oasis. Events at the Oasis on Saturday, June 19th are FREE and open to the public.
Following are dates and times for Wynwood Pride 2021. For an updated listing of events and activations, please visit www.wynwoodpride.com:
Link to purchase tickets: oasismiami.tixr.com/charli
Friday, June 18, 2021:
Location: The Oasis (Mainstage), 2335 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33127
Time: 5pm – 3am
Confirmed Performances By: Charlie XCX, Kandy Muse, Miss Toto, Athena Dion, Morphine Love, FKA Twink, Kat Wilderness, Juicy Love and more.
Saturday, June 19, 2021:
Location: The Oasis (Mainstage), 2335 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33127
Time: Noon – 3am
Confirmed Performances By: Honey Dijon, Derrick Carter, Mystic Bill, Ultrathem, La Goony Chonga and more.
Following are neighborhood-wide activations and promotions throughout the month of June to celebrate Wynwood Pride 2021:
- Miami-Dade County offers free COVID-19 single-shot vaccinations from Johnson & Johnson at The Oasis Wynwood (6/19, 4pm-10PM) and Wynwood Walls (6/20, 11am-7PM). Those who receive vaccine as part of this pop-up vaccination will receive complimentary admission to the Wynwood Walls and a complimentary cocktail at the Oasis’ Tower Bar.
- 1-800-Lucky (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- The courtyard of this 10,000-square-foot food hall will be taken over by drag performances and a booming soundtrack of international DJs Oscar G on Friday night and Louie Vega on Saturday. Join in on the dance party or grab a bite from one of the incredible food vendors featuring pan-Asian dishes from ramen to Vietnamese sandwiches.
- Coyo Taco(6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- Secret Sets and surprise performances in the back room, you never know what big names might show up unannounced!
- Wynwood Pride Shopping at Aviator Nation (6/18-6/20)- Free brews from J. Wakefield Brewing and the first 100 customers receive a goody bag with the Original Rainbow Cookie by Bakes in Color. Dress in your best pride attire for 10% off.
- Freehold Miami (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- All-Day Disco, funk, and house music venue with non-stop DJ sets. Dance, drink a craft cocktail pitcher inside of a disco ball, and enjoy the breeze + beats in this chic hotel lobby courtyard sans the hotel! Sunday will be the official closing party here featuring New York City legend Eli Escobar, Vakdevii, and Miguel Clark
- Pizza & Beer (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- Celebrity Deathmatch (at the Patio)! The legendary drag boxing ring returns. This carnival themed zone will introduce event-goers to some of the very best local drag stars. Spearheaded by the legendary Miss Toto, expect a full day of drag queens, dancing, top-of-the-hour lip sync battles, carnival games, and lots of STUNTS.
- Veza Sur (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- The Playlist party by Discofuturo pops up at Veza Sur for some day time beats to get you started. Enjoy a curated selection of beer, beer cocktails, and natural wines.
- R House (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- The iconic Drag Brunch featuring all of Miami’s outrageously talented drag brunch legends, Pride Edition! Too late for Brunch? Catch the new evening drag party “Escandalo!” featuring live Latin music and some of Miami’s best Latin Drag Divas!
- 3 Social (6/18-6/19, 12PM-3AM)- Join the “So Gay Rosé” Bottomless Brunch with Beki Powell at the rooftop followed by Pride Happy Hour! Stick around for After Dark: a night time party with music by That Kid Chris.
- The Salty (6/21-6/27)- Specialty Pride Donut, 24-hour mini brioche filled with whipped lime curd, fresh orange glaze, topped with raspberry infused whipped cream, mini rainbow cookies, sprinkles, and edible disco glitter.
- Beaker & Grey (6/4-6/30)- Specialty dish of BBQ Chicken Flatbread with specialty “Tropic Thunder” cocktail with white rum, coconut, strawberry cordial, and pineapple.
- Frangipani (6/1-6/30)- 20% off Pride Month display featuring hand-selected books, stickers, and pins.
- Wynwood Walls (6/12-6/30)- Pride-themed stickers and t-shirts designed as a collaboration between Wynwood Walls and Queen Andrea. T-shirts will be available for purchase inside the Wynwood Walls Shop for $37.95. Stickers will be given out for free on a first come, first serve basis.
- Bakan (6/1-6/30)- Sera Melon or Sera Sandia specialty cocktail, made of mezcal, water, and lime juice.