Wynwood BID logo
The Wynwood Business Improvement District (BID) Board of Directors seats are now up for election. Currently, the BID Board consists of seven (7) commercial property owners. As per City of Miami regulations, the Wynwood BID is seeking commercial property owners to nominate prospective candidates to serve on the BID Board. You may nominate yourself or current Board members that are eligible for re-election.
This year, the BID will add two additional business owner seats to the Board of Directors, bringing the total to nine (9) Board members. These two new business owner seats will be reserved for established retail, cultural arts, office and restaurant business owners.
Adding new seats to the Board requires an ordinance modification through the City of Miami Commission. The modification is currently scheduled to be heard for first reading on March 14, 2019, via sponsorship from our District Commissioner, Keon Hardemon and has been attached for your review. Once final approval is received from the City of Miami Commission, a Nomination Committee will be assembled. To ensure no conflicts of interest are present, the Nomination Committee will be selected after the submission deadline. The Nomination Committee will then recommend an election slate. For final ratification the slate needs to be approved by the Board of Directors and District Members, via an up and down vote.
Qualified candidates for the Wynwood BID Board of Directors must be:
- Commercial property owners inside the Wynwood BID area
- Business owners interested must be from established retail, cultural arts, office and restaurant business owners
- Current and up to date with their annual Wynwood BID assessments
- Individuals possessing leadership skills, business acumen and a strong commitment to the Wynwood BID community
- Individuals that have not been convicted of any felony
- Available to attend and participate at Wynwood BID Board and Committee meetings and related engagements as necessary to effectuate the BID’s policies and objectives
Commercial property owners in the Wynwood BID are entitled to one (1) vote per property folio owned in the BID. For your nomination(s) to be eligible for this upcoming election, we must receive a bio and/or resume for each prospective candidate via email or U.S. Mail on or before 5:00PM on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Attention: Manny Gonzalez
2751 North Miami Avenue, Suite #3
Miami, Florida 33127
If you have any questions, reach out to the BID’s Executive Director, Manny Gonzalez. Manny may be reached at email@example.com or (786)615-8828.